Finding the perfect pair of jeans… Is this even possible anymore? With so many designs on and off the rack out there for us to choose from, the sheer amount of choice is enough to drive anyone slightly crazy. But don’t worry; Boon Models – one of the top up-and-coming NYC and DC modeling agencies – are here to rescue you once again from another one of life’s dilemmas. So first of all, take a deep breath, and relax. One of the main stressful factors of jean shopping is panicking about how many different pairs you’re going to have to sift through, but if you take the following points into consideration you’ll have a much better idea of what you’re looking for:
- Make sure you’re wearing something simple, like a white t-shirt, before you leave to go jean shopping. You need a simple canvas to work with when making your choice and a modest top will make this much easier on the decision-making process.
- As fun as it is to go shopping with your friends, we’d recommend going this one alone and marking out a whole day to dedicate to it. Ok so it definitely takes a little of the fun out of it but you need to rely solely on your own opinion for this one and dedicate your full attention to the cause.
- Give the waistband some thought when you’re trying on your jeans in the store. This means always testing out what they feel like when you sit down. Bare in mind that jeans always have a certain amount of ‘give’, seeing as the denim takes a while to find its shape. So if they feel loose now then it’s only going to get worse.
- Be sure to have your cell phone at the ready to take some selfies of each of the pairs you’re trying on, as you go along. This way you can take a break towards the end of the day, sit down with a coffee, and go through the photographs and be really honest with yourself about what suits you best. There is no better way to compare.
- If you are of an athletic build – like many models these days – the ‘boyfriend’ style of jean is a perfect match for you because they slim the calves and show off your best assets.
- If you are more on the slim side then skinny jeans are a definite option for you and will highlight your frame perfectly.
- Anyone who would describe their figure as a ‘pear shape’ is best opting for a mid-rise stretchy pair of jeans. It is also worth avoiding the high-rise options because these will draw attention to all the wrong places.
- For all of you ‘apple shapes’ out there, mid-rise, slim leg options are your ‘go-to’ style, adding more definition to your silhouette. Flares on the other hand are a ‘no-go’ because they’ll undo all of the hard work put into defining your shape.
- If you find the perfect pair of jeans and have a bit of room in your budget, you shouldn’t be afraid to purchase some variations in color. It makes sense, after all, when you think about how difficult it can be to find the perfect pair of jeans.